Distress away

I'm having loads of fun playing with the Core'dinations card stock.

Having run the Hocus Pocus card through the Cuttlebug, I started thinking about other ways it could be distressed. So here, I've lightly crumpled it and then sandpapered the ridges. This piece is from the Spell Caster Collection.But I didn't stop there - I also rubbed and inkpad across some of the ridges just to add a little more interest. There seems to be a slightly glossy finish to the Core'dinations card stock and my usually trusty Encore! gold inkpad seemed to smudge so I used Brilliance Galaxy Gold to highlight.

Here's the finished piece with a few gold highlights. I used it as the background on a card I submitted to a challenge, so that card is under wraps at the moment but check back later and I'll post a different card using the same technique.


This post edited 31/5/08: I've just had word that the card I made this background for was published in the June issue of Vamp Stamp News. I'll post a pic later in June.

2 comments

  1. Great to see this idea ! I did think of experimenting with antiquing next too ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pearl, thanks for stopping by. Don't you love all the ways you can alter this cardstock?

    ReplyDelete