Friendly Plastic Demos - Brisbane Paper Crafts Festival

It's been Paper Crafts Festival time in Brisbane this weekend.

Spending time at a paper crafts show is always a fun way to spend a weekend. I spent a few hours each day demoing Friendly Plastic: a slot on the stage each morning and then a stint on the Stamp Antics stand each afternoon. So I thought you might like to see what I got up to.What you see above is just a small sampling of the all the pieces I created during the demos - I did a lot of marbling and cutting, casting, bead making and texturing so now I have a big pile of pieces ready to be turned into other creations.

I've already begun to turn some of the beads I made during Friday's demos into jewellery. Firstly, a pendant.....
and then a matching bracelet.
I'll try to get a few more pieces posted over the next week or so.

But my, oh my, oh my...... look at the big jumble of cutouts I have left!I'll show you one way to use them all up in the next couple of weeks, so look out for a tutorial on how to mould with them. This is one of the wonderful things about Friendly Plastic - no bits go to waste!

And just a quick reminder that the Friendly Plastic and Resin pendant class is filling quickly. So if you'd like to join me on March 6 to create this pendant,just give Stamp Antics at Wynnum West a ring (07 3393 3022) to make your booking.

No comments

Post a Comment