Egyptian Artefacts Revealed to the World

AAP Reuters - Cairo, Egypt
An air of excitement reigns over the archeological world today as the Egyptian Minister of Antiquities confirmed the recent discovery of a new tomb, a buried pyramid in the Valley of the Kings. There is strong evidence to suggest that the tomb is that of King Tutankhamun's Queen, Ankhesenamun. Designated KV64, this is the 64th tomb to be mapped within the Valley of the Kings and it promises to shed more light on the short life and reign of King Tut.

Cataloguing of the artefacts discovered in the tomb has already commenced and the release of the first images of these magnificent treasures has astounded Egyptologists around the world, adding further weight to the belief that this might indeed be the tomb of a queen.
OK........ just kidding! The real story here is that the wonderful focal pendant you see above was made by my Bead Soup Blog Party partner, Nicole Rennell of Nicole Rennell Designs. But it really does look like it could have come from an archeological dig, don't you think?

I didn't end up using the selection of beads Nicole sent me because as soon as I saw the pendant, I knew I wanted to create an Egyptian-themed piece.

So here are the ingredients I used for this Bead Soup:

From Nicole: pendant, metal rings and disks, toggle and metal beads.
From my own Soup Kitchen: turquoise coloured coconut beads, lapis lazuli rounds, red jasper coins and copper chain.

The Blog Soup Bead Party has been such a fun event to participate in and my thanks go to my partner Nicole for the inspiring components she sent and to Lori for the incredible amount of time she put into organising the event. Without either of them, this ancient artefact would never have come into being.

I hope you'll check out all the other fabulous bloggers who took part in the Bead Soup Blog Party (see the page link at the top of my blog) but especially, please stop by Nicole's blog to see how she went with the Bead Soup I sent her.

And to finish off, I'll leave you with some close ups.Happy Partying!.....








If you can't get enough of My Tutorials and you want even more inspiration, click here to find my books and printable pdfs



No comments

Post a Comment